Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 480e year?

Stevechristian ยท 2016-09-27 17:50

If anyone can help. I'm new to owning a backhoe and this is the first forum I've ever joined. I have a Case 480e and I'm trying to find the age. The serial number is 17003423 but I haven't had any luck looking on line

Replies8
  1. #1Grady2016-09-27 23:11

    17003363 is supposed to be a 1987 so it should be around there somewhere. The model number is what you need to order parts - the year is pretty much irrelevant. Get a parts breakdown and a service manual first thing.

  2. #2Willie B2016-09-28 07:45

    I'm not sure about 480 series. the 580K was built at the same time as the 580G. They were utterly different machines, but may have shared the same Cummins engine, The K was built in USA, the G was built in Italy? I think. Weight was much different, The G tended to have components fabricated, and welded, where the K was more likely castings, or forgings. Willie

  3. #3Rlebouef2016-11-29 19:16

    Case 450 What Year WAS THE 450 built, THE Serial # 3068804??,

  4. #4Edward Thomas2019-02-11 16:39

    I have found a case 480e with 2000 hrs wanting 12,500 whats it worth?

  5. #5580bob2019-02-11 19:15

    anywhere from 2500 to 8000 with all that info

  6. #6Willie B2019-02-11 20:16

    Buyer, and seller. I like the USA built machines. Offshore built machines were markedly cheaper new. I believe they are less refined, less rugged, and parts are less available. I believe the only reason to want smaller backhoe is the size of your truck, and trailer. I have a 580K American built. It is big, well built, and powerful. A 480 fits on lighter trailers. Other than that, it pales to the 580, and 590 series.

  7. #7Edward Thomas2019-02-12 07:00

    Sorry for the lack of info on the machine, I was in the initial stages. The machine is a 480E ser# 17003137 showing 2000 hrs. I've never operated a 480 so Willie B response was helpful. Is the 480E Usa built and any other info that i need to know concerning power or weakness.

  8. #8Tinkerer2019-02-12 15:39

    For $12,500.00 I would be looking at 580 model machines.