My Case 530 has the shuttle shift lever on the left side of the transmission.In reverse it works just great,will stay locked in gear as its supposed to,but in forward it will pop out of gear very easily. I removed the battery,and took the top cover off,and the spring loaded detents for the shifters are working as they should be.The gears all look to be in excellent shape,no missing or broken teeth, the sliding collar that gives forward and reverse looks ok,but the bronze gear plates it slides over appear to be in sections,like a pie would be cut,were these plates at one point all in 1 piece?,or are they in sections?the very farthest forward gear seems to have the tooth edges rounded off also,i suspect that may be causing the sliding collar to move back under load. Any one have any ideas ,or know much about this setup??thanks
If those brass gear plates are the synchronizers. I think they are suposed to be one piece. My dad did some work on his ck 530 and if I remember correctly the brass gears were broken.