Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 530 injection pump shaft needed

Tacks · 2022-01-02 11:31

My so bought a non running 530 to find a broken shaft to pump. Any good places to look? He has not found one. Are the shafts different on the 580? Thanks Tom

Replies16
  1. #1Delmer2022-01-02 16:31

    if the shaft broke, you need a different injection pump, they don't break shafts until the rotor and head locks up, then the shaft breaks to prevent damage to the timing gears. Send thepumpguy a message, or get a second opinion.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2022-01-02 18:04

    U r correct Delmer.. The head and rotor seizes, which in turn snaps the shaft.. Get the numbers off the name plate on the pump..

  3. #3Tacks2022-01-03 09:13

    Model # DBGFCC431-23AJ Serial#293370 Mfg#G45422 Thanks for the help, Delmer and thepumpguysc.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2022-01-03 21:02

    Sorry but Dale @ TractorStuff doesn’t have any.. I can rebuild yours.. I have a H&R.. U can also look up some cross #’s.. 27AJ & 37AJ

  5. #5Tacks2022-01-04 16:12

    Can you rebuild after being seized? Have to replace hard parts also? Still in search of the shaft, any ideas?

  6. #6thepumpguysc2022-01-04 16:50

    Yes, I have new h&r’s.. The piece that snapped off the shaft has the part number stamped into it..

  7. #7Tacks2022-01-04 18:25

    My first post should have said my son. So what is H&Rs? Is the shaft# on the pump end or engine end?

  8. #8thepumpguysc2022-01-04 19:24

    Shaft # is on the pump end.. The H&R is an abbreviation for “HEAD AND ROTOR”.. which is the main pumping unit.. The head is the part u screw the steel lines to, that go up to the injectors.. The rotor fits inside the head and is driven by the dr. shaft.. Speaking of injectors, a stuck closed injector WILL seize a pump in a NY minute.. so plan on replacing ALL of them..

  9. #9Tacks2022-01-04 20:11

    The pump shaft# is 10214 So any luck having one? Does the H&R always need replaced seized? What would you charge for an H&R? Thanks

  10. #10thepumpguysc2022-01-05 10:35

    Sorry, I turn my phone off at 8:00

  11. #11thepumpguysc2022-01-05 10:39

    We’ll have to go prvt to discuss cost.. but I can tell you now, I don’t sell parts outright.. I put them in as part of the rebuild cost.. U can reach me directly at: [email protected]

  12. #12Tacks2022-01-05 11:11

    Will do . Thanks

  13. #13woodfirst2022-01-05 20:16

    I highly recommend Pump Guy and strongly urge you to consider sending it to him. He helped me out with a case dozer injection pump and gave me advice on removal and re-installation that prevented the job from taking twice as long. He turned it around in 1 week and lent me the installation tools. Pump runs flawlessly since rebuild

  14. #14thepumpguysc2022-01-05 23:19

    1 week.??!!! I musta been sick.?? or your counting/adding in the 3 day shipping.?? I strive for a 3 day turn around.. Thank you for your kind words..

  15. #15Tacks2022-01-07 18:47

    Thanks for the recommendation. I plan to contact him.

  16. #16joe--h2022-01-08 00:59

    Same here, he's the guy.