Well I just bought a Case 530ck backhoe and it ran very smooth, shifted smooth etc. but when I got home and unloaded it, I was on a slope and went down backward faster than expected and out of reaction hit the clutch and lightly rode the brakes. Anyway could this have caused something? Somehow jarred something with the shuttle shift? I can’t get it to move now. If I’m not touching the clutch I can feel the gear if I lightly pull back so it does move some but will not come out of reverse. I tried in gear and out of gear. Tried driving around in reverse for a bit too. Thanks!
Sounds like it's stuck in reverse. Is there a cover for the shifter or an oil filler you might be able to gain access to the shift fork to move it with a bar or long screwdriver? I know some ** tractors will get stuck between gears and a screwdriver through the oil filler hole will allow you to move the shift work to the neutral position.
How's your fluid? A machine’s lifeblood is its oil. Your 530CK’s shuttle shift runs on Case TCH fluid, and if it’s low or dirty, the clutches won’t engage right.
Thanks for the replies. It looks like the cover to it is pretty accessible so I’ll take a look. As for the fluid the backhoe leaks pretty good. Do you know if the fluid is connected with the transmission or are they separate? Nevertheless I’ll check both things out and get back to you guys. Thank you.
Well I’ve checked fluids and looked through the manual to figure out what fluid this dipstick is but I’m not having any luck. The dipstick on the right, just in front of the battery shows low but I don’t know what it is or what fluid and where to fill it.. it appears to be hydraulic fluid so it shouldn’t be the transmission because I read that takes a gear oil on these and is separate from the “torque tube” fluid. I added fluid to the torque tube not knowing if it’s even low but the shuttle shift is still not working. The manuals don’t seem to show my set up with the hydraulic clutch, only the standard clutch set up shows.
The dip stick that reads low is the torque converter drive. Would this cause the stuck shuttle shift? Where do I fill it at? I have read through the manual atleast 20 times and I dont see it mentioned anywhere. I took a wild guess and filled hydraulic fluid in the torque tube breather on the left side of engine but the dipstick level didn’t budge.
For anyone that comes across this, it turns out the fill is the torque tube breather. I guess I didn’t add enough fluid. Now to find where the fluid is going…
Does anyone know if the torque converter drive shares fluid with the hydraulics?
I'd bet the hydraulic oil has it's own reservoir separate from the trans. or torque converter.
Both right and left arms for the loader are full, dipstick on the right side shows full, transmission is slightly low but on the dipstick, and still no shuttle shift. It worked just fine until the slight mishap unloading it off of the trailer.. I can’t wrap my head around what could’ve went wrong here.