my dozer seems to loose prime after a day or two, i have to reprime with the maunal pump to get her to fire , then shes fine for the rest of the day or even the next am , any ideas?
Sounds like air may be leaking into the fuel system. First thing to check would be fuel filters are tight, then make sure all fuel lines and bleeding points are tight. Baz
someone told me to spray a bit of starting fluid around the filters and misc fuel system ,:beatsme if the rpms raise abit thats where the leak is???
not gonna work on a diesel, if you have a leak more than likely youll be able to find it visually if everything is clean. if not it may be in the pump itself.
Next time it happens, loosen the fuel cap. If you hear it sucking air, like a vacuum, then your fuel tank breather is clogged. Happened to my 850, took me about a week to figure out. Take it out, clean, & replace. If that's not it, good luck......
you hit the nail on the head the breather was pluged up i cleaned it out and shes back to normal:usa:drinkup
Great, I had to call mechanic, haul to his shop, & pay him to tell me that. Boy, did I feel stupid..............but, it wasn't the first time or probably won't be the last..
Bugger! I should have thought of that. There should be five of those breathers, one pressure relief and one vacuum relief on the fuel tank and same on the hydraulic tank. There is also a mesh type breather on the filer tube on the transmission. If the fuel tank one was blocked then good chance they all need cleaning. They should be done every 500 hrs I think. I was blowing gaskets out on the trans filler tube and couldn't understand why it kept leaking till I figured out the breather was blocked. They all get cleaned religiously now. Baz