Serial # 4223680. I am trying to buy this machine but it will not build converter pressure at all, he tried to prime the pump but that didn't work. Machine will not attempt to move. It has been parked for about 30 days and was fine then. It has a new undercarraige and converter and pump was rebuilt last year. The motor was completely rebuilt and has 330 hrs.:beatsme Can anyone tell me where to start looking for the problem? I can't find anyplace to look up the serial # to verify the year either. Please help me solve this, I sure do like the machine except for that. Fred
Hey, Reddog. I just went to my Serial Number Guide and i can't find a number above 3079999 that was the last of the 450C's then they went to the 455B and the last year that the 450C was made was 1987 and the Frist for the 450 was 1965 and the frist serial number was 3027001 i know that this is NO help to you but maybe it not the "right" tag on the machine ????
I am pretty sure that there is a suction filter in the line that goes to the charge pump. It has four bolts that hold it together and a wire mesh filter inside. I would check that first. Any "O" rings or parts that have disintegrated in the trans will end up showing up in the filter. If the guy has tried to bleed the pump and it has oil coming to the large hose on the charge pump, (the one on the left hand side of the motor, not the front) then supply will not be the problem. It may be a faulty pump. It is strange that it was ok 30 days ago. Hope that helps Baz
D 450 solved Thanks guys I found it. It was a plugged filter and a screen that had some gunky stuff in it. Thought the same with serial #'s, The numbers ar stamed on the left side of body and on a plate just below that. I couldn't find anything starting with a 4 so maybe in my old age I misread it.:Banghead. I' going after it now and will check again. Thank you all for the help. Fred
case d450 needing to know year , cant find it i just bought a case d450 sn/ 3041568 ive searched and cant seem to find a year , needing to know so i can order a parts and repair manual... any help would be great thanks leslie [email protected]
At a guess I would say this machine is early 80s. You can find parts online at Case's website. https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/webparts/main.php . not sure if that link will work but try it. If not look up 450, then the model that includes your serial number and you should find anything you want in the listing.
the tag reads d450 then 3041568... ive looked internet and still drawing a blank
With your s/n you will also need to find out which engine is in your machine, they used both the 188 and 207D, so you need to see if you can find the engine data plate, your s/n also is before they put alternator systems on them and should have a generator unless it's been changed out, kinda think it's early 70's maybe even late 60's.
just found a serial # lookup , shows it to be a 1969 ...wow it looks newer than that...but had the two 6 volt battery system not sure on generator i never looked
She's about 1969 leslie - http://www.equipmentpartssource.com/onlinestore/450_series_serial_number_guide.htm you just beat me to the post......
lol thanks a bunch
Hi Leslie, I made an error with the year as I went by the date of the parts catalog issue. You possibly have a 1969 450. If you go to this site http://www.casece.com/wps/portal/ca...CaseCE&brandsite_language=en&brandsite_geo=NA and click on the parts catalog you should find your parts list there. I very much doubt you would have the 207 motor as these came out around 1977. Whether is has a generator or alternator will give some idea to the vintage. I think around your serial number they changed from light tracks to heavier duty chains etc. but I am not sure of the dimensions so you can check although I could probably tell from a photo. There appears to be three changes in build before Case went to the 450B, before 3038436, 3038436 - 3060306, then after 3060306 till 450B. Hope that is some help. Baz
it has light tracks as a couple of pads are broken and missing a side but the main parts of the tracks look great... thanks for the help