Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 4 in 1 bucket

Mopar1970 ยท 2014-12-01 07:51

Hello all in the market for a case 580k, with that being said I've noticed not many machines have the 4 in 1 bucket. Is it hard to convert from regular or would I need to purchase a machine that already has aux hydraulics. I'd like a thumb as well. I've ran the older 60's and 70's case cks and I'm excited to get into a newer machine. Any advice in what to look for? I know the phase III can be expensive to fix. Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you. Nick

Replies5
  1. #1bob_002014-12-01 08:35

    get a phase 1 and if it don t have the aux hydrolics junk yard is your frind or you can get an electric 3 way hydraulic valve that wil share the tilt power with the clam

  2. #2mitch5042014-12-01 09:23

    I found a used 4-in-one bucket and associated parts for a K to be very hard to find and expensive. If you are stuck on having a 4-in-1, I would definitely buy a machine with it already installed. You are looking at several thousand dollars at least. On the subject of the phase 3, I have one that I bought used in 1999. It has worked for it's living and been mildly abused ever since. I have not found it to be an expensive machine to operate and repair at all. For me, the superior weight distribution makes it very worth while.

  3. #3Mopar19702014-12-01 14:14

    That's good info, found a 91 that looks in decent shape, clam bucket and 7500 hours. Of course this all hinges on selling my 72 charger so I can afford this !

  4. #4mitch5042014-12-01 22:18

    My SuperK (phase 3) is a '91. It's been a great machine.

  5. #5brucelee2014-12-08 13:35

    Converting from a standard front loader to a 4n1 isn't easy or cheap. A used 4n1 will cost about $2500 BUT, then you need another valve ($1500+) added to your backhoe valve assembly (that's an expensive task in itself), linkage, hydraulic fluid and hoses. You'll love it once you get a 4n1 but if you install one yourself or have it installed ($$$$), you may not like it as much.