Wondering if anyone can help. The hoe slide mount is pressing against the right hand rear tyre on my Case 580 C Backhoe. The left hand side is OK. I can't seem to pinpoint what is causing the problem. Thanks
I would swing to hoe over to the right put the bucket on the ground and try to wiggle the swing frame. have someone else check it out while your doing this. If something is worn out you should easily see where the play is. If something is bent take some measurements and compare them from side to side. This is they way i would go about the problem. Im sure the other guys will have some specific areas that are know to fail.
Has this suddenly happened or been a long term problem? - are tyre sizes same?
Thanks for responding. The tyre sizes are the same. I have had new tyres fitted and generally there has never been a lot of space to the tyres. This is for the old tyres as well as new. The problem seems to have only just happened and wasn't a problem when the tyres were fitted.
transaxle mounting bolts tight? Does hoe move with & without weight on boom? - Tie downs tight? Maybe some photos may help.....
Yes we need some pictures. Is this a side shift hoe attachment? You refer to a 'slide mount' in post #1, or is it one of the outriggers rubbing on a tire? Phil
My IHC outrigger was rubbing a tire and found pin was about out, letting the outrigger shift.
I had the same thing happen on a 680. One of the pins that's welded in place in the bottom corner of the hoe attachment came out. No pin left for the hook to hook but the hoe actually worked well, just a little sloppy. Phil
can you help me with some 680 questions?
Post your questions and we'll all take a crack at them. Welcome to the forum:drinkup. Phil
I got a well used 680G last summer & everything worked OK. Used it some late fall but now the air brakes won't let go. I replaced the compressor to tank hose; took the governor off, peeked inside, cleaned & reassembled it; same with the brake release valve that is on the dash; replaced the 1/4" hose from the brake release valve to(don't remember the name)the assembly under the floor that splits to the brake pots: repaired the hose from the clutch cut out; took the check valve at the tank off, cleaned & replaced it; drained the air tank(about 1/4 cup of black nasty came out); disconnected hoses that can reach & blew air through them & sprayed every connection I can see with soapy water to check for leaks. If I idle it at about 1000-1200 for a couple minutes the brake release valve will stay 'in'(parked is out) but the brakes don't release. HELP????????
Do you have a problem only when using the parking brake? Otherwise the brakes release properly? Posting a couple of pictures off CNH . Phil
They will not release Brakes worked fine for the first 4 months I had it. When I last moved it to use it the brakes released as always but after parking it overnight they wouldn't release but I had to move it about 100 feet anyway. 1st gear, SLOWLY in reverse, squealing in protest the entire way. At present the brakes wont release at all. If I idle it up for a minute & push the park brake button in it will stay in but not release the brakes. When I step on the treadle pedals I get the air "whoosh" like normal & if I step on the treadle 4-5 times the park brake button pops back out on its own. I have a parts book & the drawings you sent are what I have.
Well, my pneumatic experience isn't that good and I've never worked on a truck air-brake system. However some of those components are used on trucks and off-road equipment so there should be many out there that could zero in on the problem right away. I'd be suspicious of the parking brake valve itself, possibly a certain system pressure has to be reached before it works properly, and this set-point is not met. Phil