Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 LPS year 1999 Operation question – red button?

FairviewFarmPhil · 2019-07-09 20:02

Hi All, A new acquisition I have is a Case backhoe Super LE 580(LPS) and I’m having some issues with the eletrical connections to my powershift trans. I’m trying to workout what the red button on the loader joystick is meant to be doing. There is a black button next to it also which would be nice to know about also. Anyone with a operation manual for this machine? At the moment the red button is causing it to go into reverse from any position on the fnr lever. From other reading online it’s possibly a clutch (disengagement) button to help raise the loader. I will post a photo of it below. Off to look for shorts and wire issues to resolve other gear (fnr) selection issues. Thanks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1alrman2019-07-10 18:55

    The red button is definitely the trans cut-out button. The black button is the kickdown button - to drop a gear range momentarily.

  2. #2wornout wrench2019-07-11 01:15

    Sorry, just had to do it.

  3. #3NorwegianFarmerSon2022-12-29 04:48

    I have the workshop manual for the machine if you're interested.