Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 M pilto controls only operate when orange button is depressed

northstar backhoe ยท 2025-06-27 21:50

Wondering if someone could help me out. I had to replace some hydraulic lines, I actually capped the lines the line that would run a breaker as it was leaking and i don't use it.. In order to do so I had to heat them up with a torch right under where the actuators are I believe. There are no obvious signs of damage to any wires but now when I run the machine the backhoe and stabilizers only work when the orange button is depressed. I have never used this button before....Any suggestions????

Replies5
  1. #1northstar backhoe2025-06-27 21:56

    I just read that the Orange button activates the aux hydraulics.. So it would seem the regular flow of hydraulic pressure isnt working. Any ideas why?

  2. #2Tinkerer2025-06-28 08:04

    Which series is your 580M ? Are you 100% certain that you have the lines that you replaced routed the way they were before you removed them ? The CNH on-line parts book shows the hose routing in detail. I put a colored zip tie on a hose and the fitting it goes to before I disconnect them.

  3. #3northstar backhoe2025-06-29 08:55

    Thank you for replying. I'm 99 percent sure I have the lines correct. That being said I capped the line running to the auxiliary hydraulic on the boom and replaced the line above it. I will check out the diagram to confirm.

  4. #4northstar backhoe2025-06-29 08:55

    My machine is a 580 M I dont see the attached diagram is there somewhere I can access it?

  5. #5Tinkerer2025-06-29 12:47

    I don't know which series you have. Below is link to the parts book. The hose routing will be in one of them. M | CASE Construction | MyCNH US Store www.mycnhstore.com