Hello all, newbie question here. I am in the process of buying my first real backhoe. went the farm tractor and add on hoe first and was not impressed. Finally found a 99 580 super l with a powershift trans. Looked at it this week, runs great, pretty tight, hoods a mess but that is the norm. Heres my problem, I cant find any info on the powershift trans. More specifically what the button on the forward /reverse lever does and when pressing the mode button on the display what that changes. i seam to scroll through 3 or 4 abbreviations. trying to figure out what those mean and if there are different modes or what they might be. Problem #2 is it has a hydro qc on the loader. I have no idea nor does the guy selling it know how that works. any info would be appreciated..... Pics to follow this week!!!! Thanks in advance
Congratulations on your pending purchase! First, consider investing in an operator and service manuals after you acquire the machine. They will pay for themselves many times over. Regarding your questions : here is what I recall from memory. 1) Button on FNR lever. This is the kickdown button. If you are in 2nd gear, press the button and you will go to 1st. Press again and go back to 2nd. Same function as the loader grip switch. 2) Mode button. It depends if you just push it quickly to scroll through normal modes, or press and hold for a few seconds to enter diagnostic mode. Reference this forum thread for some of the displays. A Service manual will breakdown each code on the table with more description information. However, the common displays are the second picture in post 3 of this thread. (first pic is diagnostic information) HeavyEquipmentForums So some common modes might be SL for shift lever position, SP for speed, etc. 3) Loader coupler. There should be a switch on the side console. Pressing and holding should retract the loader coupler pins. Make sure the vehicle and front loader attachment is in a safe position before releasing the pins. Once the pins are retracted you can rotate the coupler to clear the pins from the attachment. When you install an attachment basically reverse the process but make sure the lock pins have secured the attachment before using the vehicle. There will be more detailed information and pictures in an operator manual. I hope this helps.
Thanks so much. I just ordered a service manual, I know that will come in handy. I really want to understand how everything works. Im sure things will make more sence once I have the machine here and the manual. I appreciate your response, makes more sence now. I'll have to try the coupler switch when I get it. I can't wait......
If the manual doesn't have every thing on the Dana/Spicer controller. I have more if you need it
Awesome, thank you!!!!