Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 580 SLE strange transmission problem

Yassen-TE ยท 2016-04-01 16:29

Hello everybody! I have fantastic 580 SLE despite these 10000 hours. I've just changed oils and filters. But one strange problem became. When I work with the front bucket and change directions I use the lever and clutch switch. Sometimes when put the lever on revers there is no move (the revers beeper not work too). After a few times revers to neutral,the machine goes to revers and the beeper start sounds. But,sometimes when I make the same movment when I put the lever form neitral to revers the machine shutting down. Today I have almost the same situation,when machine work,not go on reverse,but when I try to use the clutch switch then machine gose off! I checked the time relay,try another one from other working machine,but no difference. The dealer's service man checked the solenoids and say it's OK. We checked the grouds over the fuses/relays box,everything is fine... I'm so confused now... I checked this forum for that issue,but can't find my problem Anybody have any idea aboit this trouble? Sorry for my poor english

Replies5
  1. #1Billrog2016-04-03 21:21

    Is the clutch switch shorting or not working properly? I don't know why it would be shutting down the only safety switch is on the shuttle.

  2. #2melben2016-04-03 23:54

    If that is the same unit sold in the states it is not necessary use the clutch disconnect button to reverse directions, how does it shift without using the button?

  3. #3Yassen-TE2016-04-05 08:10

    I sold the problem. It was very poor conection on the ignition terminal. The "+" connect was almost burnt. I changed the bush behid the dashboard,checked all "+" connections and now everything is OK! Thanks for the answers,guys!

  4. #4Billrog2016-04-05 10:59

    Happy to hear your up and running !!!

  5. #5Yassen-TE2016-04-05 18:40

    Oh yeah! I'm so happy now