Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 SM2 injection pump timing

Michael Dee · 2020-10-10 17:27

My injection pump 0460424282 lost its main o-ring so I removed the pump and rebuilt it. But I can't find the timing settings anywhere for this pump. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1alrman2020-10-11 22:21

    Welcome to HEF @Michael Dee The injector pumps are timed to the engine at top dead centre - using the timing pin found under the pump. Some Iveco engines do not have the pins in them - just a plug to remove & install a timing pin tool. In saying this, the pump needs to be timed using special tooling & locked in position & then installed to the locked at TDC engine - as yours probably doesn't have a woodruff key on the pump shaft to line up with the timing gear. Now, if you have 'rebuilt' the the pump ........ & are asking this question....... that opens up another whole can of worms.

  2. #2Michael Dee2020-10-12 00:31

    This pump has no timing pin. I did rebuild it. I have the tools to set the timing properly and have the engine at top but I need the lift specs. If anyone can give me the specs I would really appreciate it. Thanks for the reply

  3. #3thepumpguysc2020-10-12 05:41

    Just call any AUTHORIZED BOSCH fuel shop w the Bosch 10 digit number & they’ll give it to u..

  4. #4thepumpguysc2020-10-12 05:43

    If the pump has no lock timing pin, how do u hold the lift.??

  5. #5Michael Dee2020-10-12 20:36

    It has a lock pin but not a timing pin. Many bosch pumps have a timing pin that inserts into the back of the pump parallel to the shaft. The pump lock pin locks the shaft

  6. #6Michael Dee2020-10-12 20:37

    I have tried that and been unsuccessful so far.