Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 super e help

jabbers ยท 2011-04-02 09:49

I'm going to look at a case backhoe that's 289 miles away but only 10 miles away from my farm. So I'm going a long way to look at the backhoe and i want to do some research before i get there. I've spent several hours on research with no big discoveries. I would appreciate your help in telling me what you know, good points and bad points. what do I look for. Thanks for your time CASE SUPER E ID # 17025487 FRONT BOOM # 87855487 I REALLY APPREECIATE IT

Replies3
  1. #1Bala2011-04-02 19:18

    I think my 580e is about 1985, they are far from new so its really about what you want from it. I dont really know of any major faults with them but it will have done a lot of work. Mine has one bent boom ram and no boom hitch, I use a ratchet strap to hold it up. Ive replaced almost every ram seal and quite a few hoses. Pins are worn etc. But it does the job around my property. Check that the engine starts from cold easy, does not blow to much smoke,check that it all works, the trans operates well, hydraulics have plenty of power. it depends on what repairs have been done to it in recent years but expect to blow some more hoses and ram seals, and have to repair bits and pieces.

  2. #2jabbers2011-04-02 20:53

    Ill be spreading some gravel and re digging some small ponds. Does anyone know about the serial number? i don't even know the horsepower.

  3. #3alrman2011-04-03 02:41

    Plenty of useful info here jabbers - use the search feature to find - heres a couple to get started HeavyEquipmentForums