Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580 super E shuttle shift

case 580 ยท 2016-05-23 02:14

Hey guys, I am going to put new clutches in my shuttle. Not worried about the job just wondering if is any good things to remember when I do the job.im pretty sure that I need to put new clutches. I'm pretty sure that it has got a new torque converter and a new pump and the machine still has problems driving forward. Reply's appreciated. Cheers

Replies3
  1. #1alrman2016-05-23 06:44

    Welcome to HEF case 580! Just put it back together exactly how the manual says to... So you're pretty sure it has got a new converter & pump?? - you just purchased this hoe? - Been told it was done?? How long ago?

  2. #2case 5802016-05-23 07:25

    thanks for that. I bought I over a year ago and I had to fix some fuel leaks on the tank. I already had a suspicion that the shuttle was a bit funny. at times it would take awhile to engage forward when warm yet it worked fine in reverse. so because the fuel tank was out I decided to take off the shuttle. I've heard that the Bellville spring can break at times. I think that the pump and t.c are not necessarily new but have been replaced.(there is writing on both pump and t.c from an after market place) anyway the torque converter seems to work fine when pushing, engine revs up no probs. but again when warn it just doesn't really want to go forward.

  3. #3case 5802016-05-23 07:28

    sorry I mean 'warm' not warn