Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Massey Fergusson 50 HX transmission problem: solenoid problem? (with Diagram).

jflarin · 2016-05-23 15:34

Hi, I refilled the transmission with oil and I tested it. The steering seems to work (at least, when the wheels are lifted from the ground), indicating that the pump is working. However I have no forward or reverse. I tried to figure out if the problem is electric or hydraulic. Here is a part of the schematics: Item 86, the switch nead point a, is the forward and backward switch. I have good 12V on point C. When I put it in forward, I have about 12V on point a (BG and YR connection). When I put it in reverse I have 12V on YP/BW connection). So the switch looks good. Then I tried to measure the resistance of the coil (forward is item 49, reverse is item 47). I have about 6 Ohm between point a and point b, which leads me to believe that forward solenoid is correctly connected. However, the circuit seems to be open between point D and point B. Point B is the emergency drive switch in the console, near the starting switch. Furthermore, I looked at the voltage on point C when the switch is on. When I put it in forward, voltage drops at point C to 11V or 11.5V, indicating that there is a load. When I go in reverse, the voltage stays at 12V on point C. Anybody ever fixed or replaced a transmission solenoid? It seems very hard to reach. jf

Replies4
  1. #1Ameer2022-10-12 15:02

    Hi did you ever figure it out? I have the same problem only no reverse

  2. #2Tinkerer2022-10-13 09:27

    Welcome to HEF, Ameer ! jflarin hasn't logged onto the forums in over a year. I doubt he will read this. If you send him a PM (private message) HEF automatically sends a notification email to him. He may or may not respond to it.

  3. #3Ameer2022-10-13 09:35

    Thank you!

  4. #4miguel):62024-09-16 16:28

    Alguém já resolveu tenho o mesmo problema