Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 Super E Tilt Cylinders

R. Bragg1 ยท 2019-01-25 19:03

Does anyone know what size nut holds the piston on the bucket tilt cylinders? I am needing to replace the seals in both cylinders and want to make sure I have the right tools.

Replies6
  1. #1Tinkerer2019-01-25 19:55

    Welcome to HEF, R.Bragg ! #17 is the bolt.

  2. #2R. Bragg12019-01-25 20:23

    Thanks Tinkerer, I have a 3/4" impact and some impact sockets, just wanted to make sure I would have a socket to fit. I appreciate your help!

  3. #3alrman2019-01-25 21:41

    It should require a 1 1/8" socket. Depending on how much loctite may have been used on it in during assembly, sometimes a little heat is required.

  4. #4pjflyer2019-01-25 22:09

    I could be wrong, but on our 580c, it seemed like it was close to 1 3/8 , 1/2, or 5/8. I know we used the 3/4 inch drive and a breaker bar with a pipe for an extention.

  5. #5R. Bragg12019-01-25 22:19

    Thanks guys, I figured if it's a 3/4" bolt the head should be an 1-1/8" or close. I've got a 3/4" impact so maybe it won't be too bad to get it loose.

  6. #6pjflyer2019-01-25 22:29

    Hydraulic rod bolts/ nuts are torqued pretty high plus loctite. Maybe starting at 2 or 3 hundred. Our excavator hoe cylinder was 800. Made a special wrench for it. May need heat.