Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 680L Hydraulic Cylinder Rebuild Cost

JTWAT ยท 2019-01-25 16:23

I need some help from the community on what to charge someone to rebuild all the hydraulic cylinders on a Case 680L Loader / Backhoe. He got it in a trade for some work. The machine has been sitting for a long time and all the the cylinders are leaking. I had to put 15 gallons of oil in it to just load it on the trailer. I have rebuilt all the cylinders and everything is dry. He has paid me for the cylinder kits but I am not sure how much to charge him for labor. I didn't keep track of time since I was working on it when I could fit it in to my schedule. Don't want to overcharge him but don't want to work for free either.

Replies8
  1. #1JL Sargent2019-01-25 18:13

    I just do cylinders on my own equipment but I do have my own industrial testing business. I think I would need $100 a cylinder labor to do it.

  2. #2580bob2019-01-25 18:33

    those are pretty big cylinders for a rubber tire hoe if you had any trouble at all with any of those cylinders I would charge at least $200 per cylinder plus all the oil and other supplies if he doesn't like it tell him to take it to a shop he will get a shock in a hurry plus a lowbed fee plus plus plus

  3. #3JL Sargent2019-01-25 20:18

    That's true and I was thinking smaller 12K lb backhoe like the one I own, not a 18K lb one like a 680.

  4. #4alrman2019-01-25 21:34

    You can't really put a price per cylinder, it would best be per hour. Some smaller cylinders may take an hour, if a gland is tight/rusty .... you may take 2 or 3 hrs...... if it has an extendahoe....... there goes a day or more if you've never done one before. As per your hourly rate, well, that depends on how good a friend he is, if he helps .... (may cost more), & what he can do for you in the future.

  5. #5JTWAT2019-01-27 00:15

    The guy is not a friend and he can not do anything for me. He is a building contractor I did some work for cheap so he thinks he can get this work for cheap too.

  6. #6Welder Dave2019-01-27 03:55

    You had to remove the cylinders and put them back on too? I'd think at least $1500.

  7. #7jimg9842019-01-27 08:57

    if any of them should start leaking he would probably except you to fix for free

  8. #8sheepfoot2019-01-27 23:21

    A fare price Would be $2500.00 - $3000.00 labor.