Anyone have a clue how to open up a hood on Case 580 Super K? I have never had issue opening up the hood till now it seems to be not unlatching. The metal handle that is located on the engine hood that opens up the fuel and hydraulic hatch seems to have come loose not sure if this is the culprit, but I'm at a lose of what to try next. Need some ideas on how to fix this issue without cutting a hole in the hood to get better access to look around. Regards, Tyler
Welcome to HEF @TylerH Sometime you can manoeuvre the shaft back into place to so the striker arm pushes on the release lever. Otherwise you need to see if you can unlock it directly at the latch, working with a screwdriver or heavy duty seal pick - between the hood & fuel filler flap. I have done this quite a few times before, so it is possible.
I can get the fuel hatch open by using a screwdriver and moving the latch pin out of the way. Does the same latch mechanism for the fuel hatch keep the hood closed? I'll go see what I can do tonight.
Ever re}lace the. Hood piston rods. Mine I just replaced and it's so stiff I have to use pry bar to open. Any pointers here
Yes same latch.