I have a 2000 case 580 super l that when I raise the front bucket up it drifts down about 6 inches and when I raise the front up it will hold for about 30 sec then leak off any suggestions what's wrong?
First thought is one of the cylinders has a bad packing, that is typical for oil to transfer past a bad packing till pressures equalize on both sides of the cylinder then motion stops. Raise the loader and shut the engine off then pull the loader into the raise position with the engine shut off, if it is a packing the loader will continue to go down as you have opened a passage for the oil to return to sump from the rod end of the cylinder. Try that and let us know the result. Mel
Mel I raised the front bucket and killed the machine and when I pressed the stick to the raise position it started goin down so you think it's the packing in one of my cylinders? Thx Travis
Yes, what you describe is typical of a leaky piston packing, next, warm the oil with some other circuit till the reservoir is noticeably warm, then have someone hold it in raise against relief and feel the feed tubes on the cylinders, whichever tubes get warm is the one bypassing the packing as the warm oil has a path that it would not with good packing. Mel
Have you got ride control on the hoe?Is the switch in the right position for loader work?
Ride control is a great thought,wrangler, that does introduce sponginess into the system but I still would suspect a piston packing. If ride control it would be a simple matter to eliminate that as a cause.