Evening, I believe the backhoe is a 2011 model but not positive. It has the "electronic parking brake" button/switch. Everytime you start it, you must cycle the button cause I'm horrible about remembering to set it before shutting the engine off. Anywho, started it not problem and went to cycle the brake button and noticed when i released it the radio and air conditioning fan shut off and the brakes do not release. Set the brake and everything comes back on. I figure this could become a pretty expensive fix so thought I'd check around and see if maybe there is a easy fix to attempt before callin in the professionals. Thanks for any help.
Hi Brim, I dont have extensive tractor electrical experience, but have extensive automotive electrical experience. however they both work on 12VDC. It sounds like your electronic parking brake has a poor ground, and when you actuate it it is pulling the ground away from other electronics. If you know where the actuator is, take a volt meter(DVOM) and monitor the voltage at the plug with it plugged in and actuate the break it should stay close to operating voltage(12V). It is does not, find the ground side of the connector and take one lead of the volt meter hook it here, and hook the other to the negative side of the battery. Actuate it again, if you read voltage it means you have voltage drop indicating a poor ground.
Not sure why I mispelled brake haha
Thanks for the response, your answer makes alot of sense. Now it is just a matter of locating all the proper electronics. I crawled under yesterday and took a look around but I felt like I was lookin at a spaceship. I will prolly just let a local mechanic have a crack then if that don't work out I will go to dealer. Thanks again.
Brim, Totally understand. I ended up purchasing the Service Manual for my Case. One of the best investments i've made.