Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 Super N Code: 4210

Doug McLean · 2021-09-22 11:12

I drove my Case 580 SN up a big hill today, and after the hill, I switched to a higher gear. The machine gave me a stop signal with a gear and an exclamation mark. Codes in that time period are 4210, 4206, 4205 & 4005. 4205-System can not engage required gear. (Engaged gear is different than requested gear) S-type transmission 4206-Gear engagement failed S-type transmission 4210-3RD/4TH gear shift rail position reporting forth gear at startup S-type transmission The service manual says to check the Trax connector X-300; Can someone tell me where that connector is? Is it under the instrument cluster? Are the gear shifter solenoids on the transmission? Any wisdom on how to check these codes out would be appreciated. I have a service manual, but it assumes more information that I already know.

Replies5
  1. #1François bolduc2022-09-09 08:37

    Bonjour j'ai le même problème que vous sur un backhoe case super n 2012 alors que je travaille avec le backhoe le klaxon et un signal stop dans les instruments est arrivé. Depuis ce temps la transmission ne s'engage pas et le code 4210 est présent. Est-ce que vous avez résolu votre problème. Une suggestion serait appréciée. François

  2. #2gggraham2022-09-09 09:05

    Most likely shift position switch is bad. Here is the complete powershift manual, that's not in the service manual.

  3. #3François bolduc2022-09-09 09:37

    Merci pour votre message Je ne suis pas un mécanicien de beaucoup d’expérience mais je me débrouille bien c’est ou cette switch est situé ,une photo serait appréciée de la pièce.

  4. #4Tinkerer2022-09-09 09:55

    Welcome to HEF, Francois ! I can't help you but I translated both of your posts so that you may get some help. #1- Hello I have the same problem as you on a backhoe case super n 2012 while I work with the backhoe the horn and a stop signal in the instruments has arrived. Since that time the transmission is not committed and the code 4210 is present. Have you solved your problem? A suggestion would be appreciated. Fra #2- Thank you for your message I am not a mechanic of much experience but I do well it is where this switch is located, a photo would be appreciated of the part.

  5. #5François bolduc2022-09-09 09:59

    Merci beaucoup