Help! I'm so frustrated with this thing. Shuttle clutches replaced by previous owner, I removed the valve body for the shuttle , cleaned replaced of ring on the fwd/neutral/rev spool and cleaned out piles of silicone previous owner slathered all over when replacing the shuttle clutches. Changed fluid twice and drilled the access hole in the bottom of the torque tube housing and cleaned the pick up tube screen . Tractor worked awesome and pushed through a big pile of topsoil for approximately 1/2 hour. I shut it off and 3 days later forward gears were sluggish then non existent. All kinds of reverse power though...... I'm stumped any suggestions?
Maybe not what you want to hear, but with that much silicone debris, you may have gotten a blockage in the shuttle passages that feed oil to the forward clutch packs. Although I could be mistaken, I think the real solution will be to split the tractor, pull the shuttle and do a proper cleaning, inspection and repair. If the previous owner did the work you describe, I would consider anything done as suspect. Proper new gaskets and a gasket sealer will do the job and not end up in the passages. Just my opinion after doing my 580CK shuttle recently. No silicone on my machine... If you have access to a service manual or parts book, look at the breakdown of the shuttle. The main shaft has small passages separated by oil sealing snap rings and if any debris got as far as this, you could have the symptoms described. I'm no mechanic but maybe one of the experienced guys will have some good suggestions to save a tear down. Here's a couple of pictures of my Rockford shuttle when it was pulled out. In the one picture, you can see the two holes in the shaft and the sealing rings. These are connected directly from the shuttle valve above and loose debris will probably get stuck there. Good hunting...:beatsme
Not what I wanted to hear considering on Sunday it would have driven through a cement waĺl
Did the shuttle have symptoms that prompted you to do all that maintenance in the first place? Did you use the right fluid and is it still full? What about the filter? Did that get changed? I'd cut it in half and have a look. Maybe check the screen again - might have found more gunk or debris? Just stabbing in the dark but I've overlooked the obvious more than a few times. I'd double check everything before splitting it and tearing it apart.