Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 580B HELP!!! Carrier Plate Stuck

shannon liggett ยท 2022-11-02 19:41

I was changing my brakes and need to replace the oil seal and O ring on the right side. I removed the differential lock and brake housing fine but I cannot get the carrier plate off. I took out the set screw first. Worse yet I pried on it and it broke. Even worse yet it is tight as a drum at the center around the differential axle. I have the service manual and I just cant figure it out. I'm ordering a new carrier plate and have the new seal and O ring but I cant get it off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2022-11-05 18:50

    Did you remove the counter sunk screw from the carrier plate?

  2. #2shannon liggett2022-11-05 23:10

    Yes I took out the screw. I cannot figure out why it is stuck. Does it seem possible it would have rusted that tight?

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2022-11-06 14:23

    Yeah it could be that rusted I've had them do that before. Get a flat pry bar and hammer.