Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAse 580l fan belt change

Chuck58 · 2022-11-01 18:17

I just became a member and a friend of mine said I could probably get some valuable info on trying this job myself.

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-11-01 22:16

    Welcome to HEF, Chuck ! A 580L fan belt change is very much like the one rdavision is dealing with today in his thread.

  2. #2alrman2022-11-02 01:24

    Welcome to HEF @Chuck58 Remove the 4 x bolts at the pump coupling & slide the coupling away from the pulley.

  3. #3Chuck582022-11-02 09:13

    I got the bolts out, but I can’t get the coupler to move more than a 1/16”. Any tips on how to get it to slide?

  4. #4Tinkerer2022-11-02 10:55

    Lots of penetrating oil and keep working it back and forth. The splines dry out over time and can get so rusty they will lock up.

  5. #5Chuck582022-11-03 19:17

    I ad to go down and buy a air chisel and a few bit. I cut the end off the one chisel, and with 3 guys and a lot of PB blaster, kreoil and some blood on the fan bases we finally got it to move. We celebrated with plenty mich ultra and Busch lites. It took me 2 hrs to get that coupler to move back but it finally did and I wanted to thank all on here for the advice and knowledge to make it a success. Thank you Guys!