Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580B Intermediate Hydraulics help

Sslane · 2025-03-07 11:16

I am buying a 580 B so I will probably be spending quite a bit of time on here. I am replacing a high-pressure hose underneath the control stick for the backhoe. In my service manual it is part of the intermediate controls. I am having a hard time finding it online as far as the specs go. But obviously I can just go down to the hydraulic shop and get a piece of hose. My main question is, are these two lines that the hose connect supposed to be in line? Just wondering if anybody could take a peek out their 580 B and see if they lineup. Because mine don’t line up and the hose would need to have a bend in it. Thank you

Replies10
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2025-03-08 22:06

    Yeah I believe that hose should be a bit straighter.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-03-09 09:19

    Being that it has a hose clamp on it, it is not a high pressure line. A high pressure line will have a fitting crimped on the end.

  3. #356wrench2025-03-09 10:58

    As it is a low pressure return line, the hose would seal better with an appropriate size t-bolt clamp instead of a gear clamp. Or, you could double up on the gear clamps. Quite often, a single gear clamp will leak or ooze especially as the hose ages

  4. #4Sslane2025-03-09 13:58

    Thanks everyone. Does anyone know if the bucket on a CK will interchange with a B? I can get this CK running but not moving for $2000. The rear rubber and that clam bucket would be worth 2K to me, not to mention a running motor assuming its a 188 like mine. Mine is the B on the trailer. Ty

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2025-03-09 19:20

    They should interchange you'll have to shim in between the boom and the bucket to take up slack.

  6. #6Sslane2025-03-09 22:45

    Thank you. Sorry i didnt ask a clear enough questiin the first time. Im asking about the front loader bucket and if it exchanges straight across. Ty

  7. #7Coy Lancaster2025-03-10 07:15

    I’m not sure about loader buckets you’ll need to do some measuring but I think the ck buckets are narrower

  8. #8HarleyHappy2025-03-10 09:25

    That’s a nice front bucket, on that old clam.

  9. #9Sslane2025-03-10 10:32

    Sure is. Sounds like it wont work on a B though.

  10. #10HarleyHappy2025-03-10 20:42

    I would find exactly what I would have to cut and weld, to make it not worth my time and money. I have 2500 bucks sitting in a safe for the opportunity, when a 4n1 comes around for my Case 580 SE. I already have a valve plumbed for a snow plow and can use it for the 4n1. Im looking hard at the one you posted but I’m reasonably sure it’s too narrow. That one of my serious wants.