Subject: Case 580ST – White Box Blinking Red LED (3 Flashes), Extendahoe Not Working Hi everyone, I’m troubleshooting an issue with my Case 580ST backhoe and could use some help. The white box (control module) has a red LED blinking in a pattern of 3 flashes, pause, repeat, and the extendahoe (telescopic boom) isn’t working at all. I’ve done some initial checks but haven’t figured out the problem yet. What I’ve already tested: Switches and solenoids: I swapped them with the outrigger components, and they function fine there, so they don’t seem to be the issue. Wiring: I checked the wiring harness for obvious damage or loose connections but didn’t spot anything unusual. Power and ground: The control module is getting power, and the ground connections appear solid. Even after these checks, the extendahoe still won’t budge, and the red LED keeps flashing the 3-flash pattern. I’m not sure what this fault code means or where to go from here. Questions: Does anyone know what the 3-flash fault code on the white box means for a Case 580ST? Could this point to a faulty control module, or is there something else I should investigate? Are there any common problems or fixes for this issue on the 580ST that I should look into? I’d really appreciate any insights or suggestions you can share. Thanks so much for your help!
Hi all, Just wanted to share a fix for my Case 580ST. The extendahoe wasn’t working, and the white box showed a 3-flash red LED code. Replaced the control module, but that didn’t help. After tracing the wiring (all measured fine, just minor corrosion on pins and some dirt), we found the issue was the switch itself. It sometimes didn’t return to the start position, causing a voltage spike (>1.15V at startup). Swapped the switch, cleaned the connectors, and it’s working now. Thanks for any past advice—hope this helps someone else!