Hi, we just inherited a Case 580B. The front hydraulics work great but we can not figure out how to even begin to engage the rear hydraulics. We have searched for a valve that may be closed and tried all the controls on the joystick but it will not engage. Do you have any advice? Thanks, Jim
Is it possible that someone looped the lines that feed the hoe? There are lines that go back the RH loader frame to the hoe and they have quick couplers that allow the hoses to be put together for hoe removal. They should be hooked up for oil to travel to the BH valve then back to sump. The powerbeyond O ring is also a possibility but it rarely "kills" a system dead, just causes a distinct weakness. There should be some activity even if very weak. I suppose that someone could have put some sort of a diverter to add some function but you should see that in the feed lines. Kinda groping for straws on this one as it is unusual for the hoe to be dead, weak yes, dead, no.
Thanks for the quick response. I agree, very unusual for it to be completely dead, but unfortunately we aren't getting any activity in the rear. I was thinking something may be unhooked, I may be missing a pin, a valve closed??? So far we have chased everything and found nothing. Mechanics aren't really my thing but I did manage to get it running and everything upfront works fine.
I will check to see if the lines are looped as that could very well be the issue. Thanks