Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580B radiator solutions?

ANGUS BEEF ยท 2021-02-11 14:37

So, i found out from a local radiator shop today that the radiator in my 580b is junk. They boiled it and repaired the one leak they saw that was obvious. Pressure tested it and told me he would have more money into fixing all the leaks than if i just had them re-core it. But the cost is $850.00 !! I know cheaper isnt always better but i was suprised at that amount. Are they any aftermarket radiators anyone has had good luck with that aren't so expensive. The shop is a reputable shop that I've had work done at before. All they do is fix radiators. Family owned for 3 generations. Any suggestions?

Replies6
  1. #1franklin22021-02-11 15:15

    Get on google and put in the search box "case 580B radiator". Don't know if they will fit, but I saw radiators for less than $300 on ebay and a couple of tractor places.

  2. #2Tinkerer2021-02-11 17:16

    Be careful when looking at a cheaper alternative. The number of tubes and the wall thickness of them may not be the same as the one you now have. $850.00 for a decent re-core is not too bad of a price my area.

  3. #3ANGUS BEEF2021-02-11 17:29

    Damn. $$$$

  4. #4Sportsman7622021-02-11 19:22

    There are aftermarket ones out there that are decent so do not be discouraged. I would get one from a reputable aftermarket source such as A&I, Hy-Cap, SMA, or Sparex, most any ag equipment dealer will have an account with all of these. There are two radiators for the unit, one for the power shuttle, the other for the mechanical shuttle hydro transmission. The power shuttle has an oil cooler with ports on the grill side and mechanical shuttle does not have an oil cooler.

  5. #5stinky642021-02-11 19:43

    Got new radiators for both 580C and 1957 ford 850..both were 4 core radiators and excellent quality and everything lined up like OEM...Think I paid @ 250-275 apiece...Online at All States Ag Parts..Give em a gander...

  6. #6ANGUS BEEF2021-02-13 06:48

    Thanks guys.