Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replacing top rear sliding window on case 580 K

Robert Weer · 2021-02-11 15:07

Hi all new to posting on forum , been a member for a while. My brother an I both have Case 580 K’s his is a super , mine is a phase 1. His machine needs top rear sliding glass replaced,I realize the glass track has to be moved. What’s the best way to accomplish this ? Thank You Robert

Replies3
  1. #1saspearl2025-04-07 09:58

    Hello, new to the forum. I realize this post is an old post, but I too have a 580K phase 1 with missing/broken upper rear glass. Replacement glass is not expensive, but how do you you install it?? I read another post that says to remove the black rubber from inside the track. Looking at the track, I don't see how that can be done. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

  2. #2Billrog2025-04-07 12:07

    I replaced one but it was yrs. ago so forget details. I suggest you just keep playing with it until the solution comes to you I'm sure that's what i had to do.

  3. #3saspearl2025-04-07 12:14

    After re-examining, i believe that the one side is deeper than it needs to be so sliding the glass in and then attaching the handles/latches may keep it centered to keep it from falling out of the track. I was waiting to order the glass since being unsure how to install, i didn't want to waste the money. But, I think I'll go for it and see what happens.