anyone got a clue why my tranny is not shifting into reverse promptly? its a little slow,got a wait about 5 seconds before hitting the throttle.
I would guess leaking seals in the transmission or valve body. Something is worn and it takes a while for enough fluid to keep passing by the leaky seal, this continues until the piston moves enough to close off the leak and then pressure builds up and clutch pack closes.
that's kinda what I thought but I think I will try new fluid and fiter just to ease my mind
broken clutch return spring on clutch pack , common
that sounds like a lot of work?
I have a 580C with the same problem going in forward. Yesterday, I changed all the oil out and dropped the pan and cleaned the suction screen. It was just about plugged. This morning, after warming up, problem is still there. I would guess leaking seals in the transmission or valve body. Is that the plunger that is on the starter side close to the top across from the shifter? Can one pull it with the trainnie in place to rebuild/seal change out? I have to get another shop manual. The one I got off ebay blows all together.
No Case expert here but it sounds like Steve is probably correct. If Case uses hydraulic pressure to disengage the clutch and a spring to return. I've heard Deere does it the same way. Don't know for sure
to cold out to work on her i'll have to wait tell it warms up