Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580b transmission shuttle shift

neadle ยท 2013-09-01 16:12

I bought a 580b backhoe with tranny problems. I have a 580ck with a good tranny. I put the ck tranny in the b with no problems until I fired it up and only had forward and no reverse. I unhooked everything and worked it by hand and it dos not matter what position the shift spool is in it always going forward. Can someone help me with this???

Replies2
  1. #1bowen2013-09-01 21:05

    I am no help for your machine, but if you look thru the posts you will find lots about these. Someone named Phil was helpful on the 580B units but for some reason he no longer posts. Have you tried a title search from the top right area?

  2. #2ManicACMechanic2013-09-01 23:13

    Well I don't know much about this (yet) but may I suggest verifying that you have proper end play on the tranny shafts?