I have a 580C that makes a rattling/whining noise when you are in 1st gear. It does it in both forward and reverse, but it does not do it in any other gear. It also does not do it when I have the rear tires off the ground and in put the transmission in gear. Can anyone tell me what it might be or what I should do? Thanks, Seth
No Case expert here, but sounds to me like you have a bearing going, chipped or damaged tooth on a gear in the trans. It doesn't do it when the wheels are off the ground because there is next to no load on the components
Thanks for the answer AllDodge.
1. Use 2nd. 2. Drain the transmission and fish around with a magnet to see what parts and pieces you find. (check the filter? not a Case guy so I don't know what's hooked to the transmission) If you find something, somebody here might be able tell you what you're looking at. 3. Decide you can live with it or not.