Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 416B trans trouble

Jomorisn1 ยท 2014-04-05 09:27

I have CAT 1994 416B goes in gear sometimes and most times not I have disconnected the netural solenoid makes no difference I would raise the rear on the machine and it would go in to gear some times but will not fluid is full and now nothing Removed the trans filter and started the motor and no fluid came out I think my trans pump is bad the machine has 6200 hours no debris in the pick up screen is time to pull it out? Any and all help would be great Thanks John

Replies3
  1. #1AllDodge2014-04-05 17:34

    Howdy, seems there have been many questions in this area over the years with only a few answers. Hope mine doesn't give out, but have a look at this thread and see if it may be your issue

  2. #2Bob/Ont2014-04-05 18:16

    Might be but take the cover off of the flywheel housing and see if the bolts or flex plate have broken. If not the converter tang driving the pump might have worn out. Check trans filter for debris. Later Bob

  3. #3Jomorisn12014-04-29 20:54

    I finally pulled the trans out and found the converter tabs to be 1/2 missing hoping this is my problem that its not driving the pump will rebuild while its out thanks for all replies John