Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580c Loader lift cylinder sizes

Dan Struthers ยท 2025-06-23 14:00

So, continuing on my 580C journey and I have 2 different cylinders on my loader. The left is 3" OD w/ a 1.5" rod and the right is a 3" OD with a 1.75" rod - not sure if this is an issue and not sure which one is correct.... I have found a replacement for a reasonable cost but, not sure I care ? Any advice? Just repack 'em and leave it, get the used one so they both match? Any advice would be welcome.

Replies4
  1. #1HoeHoeHoe2025-06-23 15:21

    The 1.5" rod is from the 580B, slightly weeker. Will have sightly more down pressure then the 1.75" rod. I have 2 brand new seal kits for the 1.5" I bought by accident if you want them.

  2. #2Tinkerer2025-06-23 16:07

    They will have different travel speeds. It may or may not make a difference. I have no idea if it will.

  3. #31978case2025-06-23 20:27

    If I could get the 3" rod cyl at a reasonable price I would do it. If you are not lifting heavy, probably wouldn't make any diff.

  4. #4Dan Struthers2025-06-24 13:32

    Thanks for all who weighed in, I think I will get the replacement 1.75" so they match - wouldn't want to be lifting and have things twist or somesuch....