It seems like every 2 years I have to replace the brake cylinders on this backhoe. I believe the problem is in the cap venting system. At night when it gets cool the pressure in the cylinder reservoir drops and air and humidity are drawn in. During the day it is expelled leaving moisture in the reservoir. These caps do not have the bellows in them. Has anyone found caps that fit that have these on them? Titan trailer cylinders seem close but I dont have one to try. I measure 18 tpi on these caps.
I don't know if this helps but I think they cross reference to this part number. RAYBESTOS MC2796 Master Cylinder | Shop Now at RockAuto RAYBESTOS Brake & Wheel Hub Parts and More for Your Vehicle at Reliably Low Prices. Fast Online Catalog. DIY-Easy. Your Choice of Quality. Full Manufacturer Warranty. www.rockauto.com
I have some jeep cylinders I can make work but trying to avoid changing them every few years. The moisture is the main issue. With a cap that does not allow air to enter ie rubber diaphragm or bellows I think the problem would go away. If you notice all autos now use that system. No air gets in if you fill the reservoir.
Yes this the main problem with them. I used dot 5 fluid so it's not hydroscopic like other brake fluid. And made a cover to protect from rain water Post in thread 'Case 580c Aftermarket Master Cylinder Quality' HeavyEquipmentForums