Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580c power steering pump leak

csthompson12 ยท 2012-05-19 09:16

On my 580c I have to fill my power steering reservoir about once every few weeks. The strange part is I can't find any leaks. My only clue is that the oil in the engine crankcase is overfull when I check it. So it seems to me that there may be a bad seal on the power steering pump. Would this cause the power steering fluid to leak into the engine crankcase?

Replies4
  1. #1sheepfoot2012-05-19 13:21

    Yes they will leak into the engine, you will need to pull the pump and try to reseal it or install a new pump along with a oil change for your engine.

  2. #2callmedavie022012-06-27 23:07

    I'd go with replacing your power steering pump rather than trying to fix it. It'd be a better and much more easier solution.

  3. #3callmedavie022012-06-27 23:12

    I'd go with replacing your power steering pump rather than trying to fix it. It'd be a better and much more easier solution.

  4. #4callmedavie022012-06-27 23:14

    sorry for double posting. there seems to be a problem with my internet connection. would a mod kindly remove the earlier post, along with this post? thx.