Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580c transaxle rebuild

stinky64 ยท 2020-09-06 03:25

greetings gents.let me start with I bought an awesome vintage 580c three years ago for 2000 bucks, what a smokin' deal...Well after 3 years 4 thousand dollars in parts and hundreds of hours in labor including but not limited to new hydraulic pump,radiator,injectors, steer cylinders,kingpins rebuilt loader valve,backhoe control valve,injector pump,shuttle and harness,all the cylinders, all the hydraulic lines(boy are they proud of them lines) I am into the last component to be done,the transaxle...then she'll be done from the rooter to the tooter.... all which could not have been accomplished without the outstanding tutilage from your members,especially but not limited to Sheepfoot,Tinkerer,The Pump Guys,Melben,Delmer,and that awesome Aussie ALRman and others,,,,,,,,this site is the best I have found for no nonsense info on tired iron repair...thank you all......Well enough butt kissin', my question is...I just recieved a big box of parts from TRACTOR STUFF,oh yeah thanks to Dale and the ladies too..well anyway the front bearing for the mainshaft new part #cnh 47934357 replaces oem #'sg10424/g10425 which is cone/cup combo..new cup/cone are much thicker.....do we eliminate the collar a39184 and put shims directly into front cover????It's saturday and I will contact Dale on monday,but maybe this will help someone else in the future..Once again thanks to you all for the excellent tech tips and tricks Stinky

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2020-09-06 17:37

    Not sure why you have 47934357 supplied as it is not listed as a 580C part - 580D & E yes, but not 580C.... The 580C still uses G10425 cone & 47949635 cup. I would confirm with the actual bearing maker part number - on the bearing. I would think you have been wrongly supplied or you have wrongly ordered..... The new bearings SHOULD be the same sizes as the original in the transaxle.

  2. #2stinky642020-09-06 19:16

    Thanks for the reply,I received the parts on friday,holiday weekend here so I can't call tractor stuff til tuesday so I'm dead in the water.... I actually did order g10424/g10425 combo but was informed the 47934357 combo replaced the old numbers...every other bearing,cup,shim,seal were for my machine and those guys are usually on the money...Oh well, guess I'll crack a holiday beverage and relax... again thanks for all the priceless advice you and the others bring to this forum.....

  3. #3stinky642020-09-10 19:01

    just an update,ALRman was correct cnh47949635 cone/cup combo is the correct replacement for g10424/g10425 for front mainshaft bearing and is oem timken parts...I believe computer error was the issue...called tuesday a.m. and had correct part thursday...mainshaft shimmed and installed................

  4. #4alrman2020-09-11 17:23

    Good to hear you got it sorted