Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580C Transaxle Removal

Jeffsbackhoe ยท 2015-12-07 12:43

New to the site, I just bought a Case 580C backhoe and I am way excited to use it. Before I can get it going, I have an issue... I am in the middle of replacing the Pinion and Gear on my 580C. I have gotten everything off the shaft except for the wheel that the gear connects to. I can't get it to budge... See the attached diagram... we are trying to get #3 off of #15. We have to replace #1 & #2... http://www.colemanequip.com/Case-58...4X/DIFFERENTIAL-TRANSAXLE-0Y13/?#partdiagrams I hope that makes sense... Should the wheel slide right off the shaft? I don't want to beat on it unless I have to... Any ideas would be welcome and appreciated... Thanks in advance ! ! ! Jeff

Replies1
  1. #1CMSMOKE2015-12-11 13:42

    You need to remove spider gears, shafts and keepers (#8,9,10). There are 3 of each of them. The shafts extend down through to shaft #15, between the splines to keep it in place. Once you have the spider assemblies out, shaft #15 will press out. When you go back together, make sure you torque the ring gear cap screws to the proper specifications and use thread locker, if called for. It has been a long time since I have been inside of one, so I can't remember if thread locker is used or not. I have seen the cap screws back out of the ring gear on occasion.