Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580CK 3 point (MOD) hitch wanted

AZ47 ยท 2021-09-27 14:30

Wanted MOD hitch! Hello, I have been reading the forums of heavy equipment forum for several years now while learning from other owners experiences. I am in need of a three point (MOD) hitch for my older 580CK backhoe/loader (see photos). My driveway is about a half mile long at a 14% grade which needs constant maintenance and using the loader bucket is not good for the tractor or me. Does anyone out there have one for sale or know of someone who might be interested in selling one? I am in Nevada about 30 miles North of Reno.

Replies6
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-09-28 07:51

    Welcome to HEF, AZ47 ! I don't know where you can find one. But, did you know they don't have a float capability ? For me that would not be worth a hoot for maintaining a driveway. There are better options for a three point hitch. IMHO !

  2. #2AZ472021-09-28 12:15

    Yes I do know about the lack of float capability but a valve can be added. What are the better options for a 3PH that you have in mind?

  3. #3Tinkerer2021-09-28 21:39

    A Gannon box blade. It would require some fabrication and a diverter valve plumbed into your FEL valve to operate the 3 pt hitch.

  4. #4AZ472021-09-28 23:36

    I looked up the Gannon box blade and it is heavy duty. The listings that I saw were for the box only or with one hydraulic cylinder but no controls which means if I fit it to my tractor it would still need a control valve and a float valve. The MOD hitch has several cylinders which include tilt and the control tower (valves) mounted right next to the operator. It also handle both class 1 and 2 boxes.

  5. #5Tinkerer2021-09-29 09:03

    Your best option is the MOD hitch. I only suggested a box blade as an alternative if you cannot find a MOD. Another option is a plain old blade on a 3 pt hitch that can be angled. Plumbing a diverter valve into the hoist circuit of your FEL would give you the float function for the 3 PT hitch. IMHO.

  6. #6WARedneck2023-10-30 20:50

    They are out there. I just found 1 in Sioux Falls SD and had a friend pick it up with the box scraper. There are a couple forums on FB that are specific to the 580's and that is where I found it. There was also a post of one availably in the PA area lately.