Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 580CK backhoe linkage issue

Hyde ยท 2020-09-19 16:13

I've searched the site and can't quite find what I'm looking for. Have ordered manuals but they haven't arrived yet and I've got to get this fixed now. The foot throttle does not work at all. The hand throttle will work if I manually push the injector pump rod as far forward as I can. When I do that, I can get into the cab and use the hand throttle. if I carefully increase the rpm it will increase to a certain point, but then it won't increase OR decrease anymore until I get out of the backhoe and manually move the rod again. I can't see anything broken or disconnected and trying to figure out what's what without a schematic or my books is going to make me crazy. Does anyone have any proper schematics or hints and tricks to share?

Replies3
  1. #1Delmer2020-09-19 18:10

    i think you need a helper to move the hand throttle while you watch it move. Or fix the foot throttle linkage and hope that's what's causing the hand throttle issues.

  2. #2Tinkerer2020-09-19 19:44

    The parts manual is your friend. ----> https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/c...erica/cn/B8D06496-EFBE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6

  3. #3Tinkerer2020-09-19 19:51

    Do the hand throttle adjustment first and then the foot throttle last. You may have a broken or missing return spring. Verify that it is OK before changing linkage settings.