Hi folks, I'm trying to fix up my backhoe loader, but for various reasons i have problem identifying what exactly model of Case i have. more background here : HeavyEquipmentForums and few photos for reference :
Looking through case 580 ck manual I got strong impression that my backhoe loader is not 580 C .. i don't have separate oil pan for reverse clutch and it seems my transmission has only 3 gears. Is it B series ? anyone have manual for those ? engine is also 188D instead of mentioned 207
From your photos I'd say you have a 580CK. The rounded edges on the radiator frame and rearward over the fuel tank are indicative of the 580CK. Also your floor boards do not cover over the gear shift plates.
Thank you @Cbait580b , so it seems i have somewhat earlier model of 580ck with 188d engine ? it seems engine is from earliest versions. this is how engine top looks right now : i reworked air filter as original was clumsy and required oil to function. New one is for 3.0 v6 engine so it should be more than enough for this one. this is charger unit with rev cable atatched.. It is badly mounted as it was not from this engine originaly. I'm considering swap for modern unit. I completely rebuilt electrical system as existing was devastated and barely functional.
going through Case 580CK Series C Service Manual.pdf indicates that my machine has nothing to do with what is described. Can you direct me at proper ODF or i really do have different version ? is CK = C ?
All 580's are CK's. In 1966 they came out as 580CK's and continued them until 1971. 580CK series B came out in 1971 and were made to 1976. The 580CK series C came out in 1975. Bajtec; it does look like you have a 580CK. Can you find the serial number on it ? That will identify what it is for sure.
Unfortunately Almost all labels has been removed except engine. I'm not sure to what end, but i do have one french looking loose plate that looks like this : [type 33 ,and number 3760353]
How about the injection pump name plate.?? U get me those # & I’ll tell ya whatcha got..
Where was that id plate mounted ? Case made #33 loaders and also #33 backhoes.