I have a 580CK diesel that I cant get running. Had been running bad then sat for a couple of months. We tried to start it and could not get any fuel. No white smoke when cranking. Changed fuel filters they were pretty dirty. I opened bleeder on top of filter and I have filters full and air out. Still no white smoke. I loosened a injector line at the injector and cranked for a total of about 30-45 seconds, zero fuel. I was told by a friend to bleed injector pump. I scraped paint of tag and I saw "Master", From what I read it sounds like it is a Roosa Master. How do I bleed the pump And where is the bleeder screw(s)? I saw 1 slotted screw directly under the throttle lever. I saw a 5/16 acorn style brass nut toward the front of the pump and I think there is a slotted screw toward the top of the pump on the rear of the pump away from the mounting flange. I f it needs a injector pump what kind of money am I looking at? I would hire it out.
Loosen the fuel line that goes to the injectors, and see if fuel has gotten through the pump. If it has, retighten & loosen the line at the first injector. Turn the engine over with the starter until fuel comes out of the line at the injector. Keep cranking until there are no bubbles. When bubbles have stopped, go to the next injector and loosen fuel line at the injector. Turn the motor over with the starter until fuel comes through with no bubbles. Keep doing it until all the injectors have been bled. It will probably start before you get done and will run rough until all the air has gone through. But, you know all that, look for a screen filter at the inlet of the injector pump. Did you happen to take the fuel line loose that comes out of the injector pump and see if fuel comes directly out of the pump? I'd just follow the fuel all the way through & keep on recharging the battery. Let the starter rest a little bit. It'll get too hot. If your like me you'll need a shower. My wife doesn't approve of diesel fuel in the bed. Good luck, Packratc Did
They can be hard to bleed after replacing the filters. Make sure you have plenty of flow from the tank; the line could be partially stopped up. My 580SE has a manual pump to help but I am not familiar with what you have. Do you have an owners manual for your with the bleed procedure? On mine I have to open the lines at the filters to get them full before before it will really start trying to pump enough to bleed.
I dont have a manual. I will.try the suggestion this afternoon. Thanks for the responses