Does anybody have a service manual for a Case 580CK? If so can you post the injector pump and fuel system bleeding procedure?
Does this help
That is a big help! I think I need to loosen the return line at the pump and see if I can get fuel to there. Rick
DONT LOOSEN IT, REMOVE IT..Not just the line but the entire fitting as well..PM sent.
update,I removed return line from injector pump and cranked engine. Fuel flowed out of the pump w/ engine cranking. I loosened a injector line bolt off the injector pump to where the hole in the side of the bolt was clearing the fitting and pointing down. Cranked engine for a total of about a minute in 10-15 sec intervals. No fuel coming out of injector port.
UPDATE, machine is running! "thepumpguysc" walked me threw taking the cover off the top of my injector pump and checking the fuel shutoff linkage inside pump. Sure enough the linkage was stuck closed. I opened it by hand and worked it alittle and machine started better than it has in years. It was getting to the piont to where it would not start even in summer w/out either. Yesterday it was 35-40 degrees out, machine not plugged in and started after sitting for monthes with just a touch of either!!!!! "thepumpguysc" lives up to his name, he had me checking things and taking things apart that I would not even think of doing without someone instructing me. He is a great guy!! Rick
You can also ship a pump to him and get an awesome rebuild at a really good price.
The pump is working great after following the instruction of thepumpguysc. I just have to take cover back off and see if I can get the linkage working a little more free. I dont want to rebuild pump if I can get shutoff working w/ it still on machine.
did anyone find a good PDF sevice manual and parts for a 1971 580ck