Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580d injector pump interchangeability

TempesT · 2025-04-21 08:43

G'day, Going to look at a cheap 580d that's missing its IP. Has what looks like a G207d. The hoe was from a deceased estate and the current owner dosnt know much. Will a roosa master from a 580c (assuming it also ran a G207d) fit in place and fire the machine up? (Have found one locally) I'm not completely new to this as I have a 580se that runs a 4-390 and cav pump I rebuilt. I have been googling for an hour but figured there'd be someone in here that would know. Cheers from the Australian Snowy Mountains. James.

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2025-04-21 23:00

    They’re determined by the engine & transmission combo..

  2. #21978case2025-04-22 07:55

    If the 580D has a turbo, that's a Super D and a diff animal.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2025-04-23 13:56

    The 580D IP has an internal electric fuel shutoff solenoid and a different fuel delivery rate I believe thepumpguy can tell you more about that. But just to get the machine to move and load the C pump should work.

  4. #4HarleyHappy2025-04-24 07:14

    Snowy Mountain, one of my favorites.