Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580E hydraulic line kits

StevieV · 2022-12-14 22:51

Anyone know if there is a full replacement kit for all hydraulic hoses on my 580E? I just want to go through it completely. Thanks in advance, steviev

Replies15
  1. #1Welder Dave2022-12-15 02:36

    If there was a kit from the dealer it would still probably be cheaper to replace them individually at a hyd. hose shop. They might give you a deal if you get all of them.

  2. #2Tinkerer2022-12-15 09:06

    Many years ago I replaced all the hoses on just the backhoe for friend of mine. He took the old ones to a CNH dealer. That wouldn't be my choice to buy hoses. They cost him almost $2000.00. They used a poor quality hose and he had to replace most of them within a couple of years. Fortunately for him I didn't charge for my labor. I cannot begin to imagine what it would cost to do a complete machine.

  3. #3Swetz2022-12-15 09:35

    Might think about buying a used crimping tool and the hose and fittings, and making them, if you are doing every one. You will spent a lot at a dealer!! If you are going to do hoses because you are concerned about blowing one on a job site and the associated environmental impact, maybe it is worthwhile. For home use, I could be convinced to change the hard to get to hoses that are under the machine, all at once. Then change the occasional hose that blows as it happens.

  4. #4HarleyHappy2022-12-15 11:44

    Looked at making my own crimper , but by the time I added up costs per hose wouldn’t be efficient. On my 580 SE probably every hose needs to be changed. Bought a JIC plug and cap assortment from Amazon and figured I will change them when they blow. I did paint over all the hoses that had metal showing so the wire stops rusting. Probably be about 2500 to do almost all the hoses.

  5. #5StevieV2022-12-15 13:53

    how did you free up rusted connectors

  6. #6Tinkerer2022-12-15 13:58

    Properly supporting the fittings and smacking the flats with a hammer.

  7. #7mitch5042022-12-15 14:25

    A good way is to hold a hammer against one side of the fitting, and hit the flat directly across from it with a slightly smaller hammer, if you can get to it.

  8. #8StevieV2022-12-15 15:55

    Thank you! Will take your advice. Thank you so much for prompt responses.

  9. #9HarleyHappy2022-12-16 10:57

    I also use a needle gun for the hard to reach ones. Just hit it lightly wherever you can get it.

  10. #10StevieV2022-12-16 11:10

    Thank you

  11. #11mitch5042022-12-16 12:53

    I love my needle scalers, I have 3 different types, I'll have to try this.

  12. #12HarleyHappy2022-12-17 12:28

    Just be careful of the hoses if they are dry rotted. Usually they come off of hard lines though.

  13. #13stinky642022-12-20 10:25

    If you can't get at the fittings with a hammer, support one side with a bar or something similar and give 'em a "reasonable" hit with an air hammer, works good in confined areas.

  14. #14stinky642022-12-20 10:35

    If you're going to replace the lines anyway, sometimes dry rot isn't bad if your fittings are seized, twist one end off, install deep impact socket and give that sucker a spin, then you can also twist the other end off in one piece. Don't forget to lube the crap out of the fittings in question the day before.

  15. #1592U 34062022-12-20 17:18

    Its definitely nice to have a new hose there ready to go when dealing with PITA routing and lack of access. Hook new hose to old with a union and drag the new one in. Have done it with rope before too. Drag the rope in with the old hose, then use the rope to drag the new hose back through.