Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310a not moving in cold

Chris Albertini ยท 2022-12-14 23:16

Anyone have had issues with backhoe not moving in the cold weather (20-25F)? My JD 310a was last moved in October (50F's) and worked fine but went to get it ready for the snow and I couldn't get it to move more than a few feet in either direction. It wants to move but doesn't have the power to do it. It's currently parked on a very slight incline and it can't overcome it. I tried in various gears but no difference. The hydraulics work fine on the rest of the machine. I'm not sure where to start to look for a problem. Thanks!

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2022-12-15 02:33

    Is the trans. fluid full and did you let it warm up sufficiently? When was the filter last changed? My track loader doesn't move easily when it's cold until after it's sufficiently warmed up. What helps that I think might help you is lifting the tracks (wheels in your case) of the ground and then slowly engage the transmission to get things moving. Gradually increase the throttle and go forwards and reverse to help warm things up with much less load on the system.