Hey guys. Just got a case 580e and I was driving it home after checking all the fluids and replacing a few fuel seals. Machine drove great until going up a hill and I lost power in 4th and then from the base of the gear select lever it started smoking. No idea why fluids seem fine in the axle. Thanks
Fluid level for shuttle is on passenger side under oil filter. Trying to run in 4th gear unless going down a hill is a no no. Get owners manual. To check level put on level ground and put parking break on and in 4th gear while idling, check level. Do this while warm, if it’s still moving. Then you run around and do light work in 2nd and 1st gear when you serious.
fluid levels are fine. Why is there a road speed of it not supposed to be used? I’ve had guys tell me that they’ll drive them hours to job sites and never have any issues.
I've put a few thou miles on my hoe in 4th gear but I shift down climbing hills.Sounds like you over heated it hopefully didn't fry it.
No I let it cool down then it drove home fine
I’m just curious as to why it overheated. It wasn’t a big hill just a short slight incline. Wasn’t showing that it was having any difficulty then just lost power
As someone who owns a Case 580 SE, I have tried roading in 4th and if it anything flat or the slightest of an incline okay but if water will drain down it, take it in 3rd. Not to mention, you’re driving a machine that has been pushing stuff for most like a living that’s almost 40 years old.