i have a 97 case 580k backhoe and the swing arm will only swing half way to he left but all the way to the right. Any ideas on why it wont go all the way left?
Welcome to HEF! Check the cam roller and linkage that can cause the swing not to work correctly. There are several threads on this forum that discuss. Here are a couple of links. Also, check the 97 date on your K. They stopped making Ks in 94, so possibly you have a 87K or if 97, then it is an L?
Thanks for quick reply so far we have changed cam roller and linkage, the valve body, repacked the rams, and we still have problems going to the left. it seems like pressure is not bleeding back on the ram.
Sounds like you have gone to alot of trouble to try to sort this problem. I hope all the hoses were marked before removal & refitted into their proper places...... The adjustment on these is very critical & it does not need to be out by much to affect the swing cushioning operation. A 1/4 turn on the adjusting link is enough to throw the whole thing out of wack. Here is yet another thread that discusses the issue. :drinkup
I am sure that you have checked the pin to make sure the locating bolt and collar are in position, I have had some completely gone and the pin turns out of position. Everyone has right info on that cam adjustment being critical, I'm just adding to the list of possibilities. Mel
Thank you guys for all the help. The problem was in the cam. it took a lil welding on the center pin cam. now all seems to be well. and yes adjustment is critical.
Thanks for the links. I'll look into the flow restrictors. I've already been through the whole proportioning valve process. It now swings equally left & right, and does slow travel speed before it hits the stops.
Great info here, just bought a 580K and trying to get all the maintenance done and checking the sequence adjustment and operation before it's an issue. Here are the updated links for the posts referenced above: CASE 580K backhoe won't swing fully to the right โ Case 580k Boom NO SWING RIGHT โ Backhoe won't swing to the right all the way โ
A walk down memory lane. I'm happy to report the Case 580 Super N has none of these problems. I can move an inch left or right with confidence.