I have a Case 580K that won't start. I have the service manual and I've verified the wiring. Aside from the typical hacks that have happened over the years I can actually trace things to a point. My question is that I have found a couple eight pin connectors under the cab that have obviously corroded, and the pins are actually disconnected,(gone). These connectors house the main current carrying wires from the fuses up front which are the starting circuit. Has anyone found a good replacement for these weather resistant automotive style connectors that can handle the current load. I'm looking at an eight pin bullet pin male/ female with pigtails similar to the original. I'd rather not pay the six hundred dollars for a new wiring harness. The originals use 12 AWG wire, and can handle the 30 amp fuses on the engine side of the harness. My alternative at this point is to do the usual, string jumper wires around the connectors and maybe use bullet single wire crimp connectors. Just wanted to make it a little more pretty (professional). Any thoughts would be great! Thanks!
If you post a picture someone might be able to identify them. You can probably reuse the body and just but new terminals Baring that you could replace them with Metri-pack connectors. Looks like the 280 series is rated for 30A https://whiteproducts.com/sealed280.php If you just need one connector it's usually easiest to buy a kit off ebay with the body, terminals, seals, etc all together. If you want more than just one this place has a good selection and pricing: https://theelectricaldepot.com/
Thanks RocketScott, those connectors were what I was hoping for. Just looking to make it a better job than the last twelve guys. Thanks!